Kotak Securities Broker Review
Kotak Securities was incorporated in the year 1994 since then they deal with the stockbroking. They serve as a Full- Service Broker Apart from stockbroking they also deal with Banking, mutual Funds, Life insurance and investment banking their customer base including NRI and Institutional investment. This Brokerage firm is the distribution arm of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
With Kotak Securities, you can invest in products and services such as share trading, Derivatives Trading, Mutual Funds, IPO, Exchange Traded Funds (ETF), Currency derivatives through a single platform. Kotak also offers an NRI Trading account for Indian traders/investors living outside India.
Kotak Securities is one of the Top five-share Brokers (In Terms of Client base) in India having. They also have their offices in London, New York, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Mauritius, and Singapore & other countries.
- Awesome Trading Platform
- Personal Relationship Manager & Wide Offline Presence
- Good Investment & Products
- Not Transparent With Brokerage & High Charges
Specification: Kotak Securities
|Segment Wise Broekerage|
Kotak Broker has too many many trading platforms. In case if you are looking for a broker in India who provides multiple types of trading platforms so Kotak can be your top choice. But when it comes to usability they have only 3-4 trading platforms which are up to date & advanced in features.
Kotak Stock Trader (Mobile App)
Kotak Stock Trader Mobile trading platform is available for Google Android, Android tablets, Apple iOS & iPads.In this review, we tested thier Kotak Stock Trader mobile app 4.1 version on Android Phone.
Kotak Stock Trader
- Guest Account Access
- Option Chain Available
- Live Chat Support
- Research & stock chart doesn’t load properly
- Price Alert Feature Not Available
- Fingerprint login not available
- Login/Logout issue
In this review, we tested trade smart terminal developed, which is a web browser-based trading platform by Kotak securities.
Trade Smart Terminal is a great trading platform; we liked its user interface, design, and user-friendliness. You can easily find all the features. This platform meets the needs of both novice and professional traders. However, this platform has limited customization.
KEAT Pro X is an online trading software by Kotak Securities. With this platform, we can trade in the stock market & monitor the investment portfolio. This platform doesn’t allow us to invest in a mutual fund & ETF & other investment products. This software is available for the Window & Mac Operating System.
In this review, we tested KEAT Pro X on the window. We find this trading platform is more suited for advanced traders. You can highly customize and use trading tools & order types. On the same screen, you will get Stock recommendations & reports.
Kotak Securities’ web trading platform is one of the best among online brokers. This software is Free for all Kotak Securities trading account holders.
Call & Trade
Call & Trade facility you need to dial For dial 18602669191. You will get free for the first 20 calls. From the 21st call, you have to pay Rs. 20 per call.
Apart from this Kotak also have other trading software that can’t be used as a standalone trading platform. You can use these platforms as an add-on depending upon the specification. So overall the below 2 platforms are beneficial for those users who don’t have a proper trading system setup.
- Fastlane: This trading platform is useful for those traders who trade using an old, slow computer. Keat Pro X is an advanced trading platform so it needs an advanced computer system for installation. In case, if your system prevents you from installing Keat Pro X then you can install Fastlane.We found this trading platform very light & faster as this is a Java-based trading application. You can’t use it as the full-fledged trading platform. This can just be operated as the terminal to place an order.
- Xtralite: This is a web-based trading platform extra-light browser-based trading platform. This trading platform is beneficial for slow bandwidth internet users. Especially if you trade in the stock market using the 2G-3G connection. This trading platform is a very simple & basic feature.You can only trade in the stock market with this Xtralite as other extra features are not available with this trading platform.
Here Brokerage is negotiable so it all depends upon your initial investment. However, they have to charge one of the highest brokerage charges in the stockbroker industry.
Even it’s very confusing to which one plans to choose as they don’t have a clear brokerage structure. With Kotak Securities Broker you have 5-6 brokerage plans to choose. You can opt for any brokerage plan.
- Free Intraday Trading Plan
- Dynamic Brokerage
- Fixed Brokerage Plan
- Advanced Brokerage Plan
- Shubh Trade Plan
In this review, we opted for Free Intraday Trading Plan. As this plan was cheapest among all the brokerage plan. Under this plan, we paid up Rs. 999 (Including GST total 1178 INR) for the full year & after. Brokerage charges are 1 paisa per scrip on trading. There is no limit on the number of intraday trades for any segment.
This plan is applicable only for intraday trades. In the case of delivery trades, the brokerage will be charged as agreed at the time of account opening.
- Unlimited Trading Plan
- Not transparent with pricing
- Higher Brokerage Charges
We didn’t test another brokerage plan as FIT Plan is the cheapest brokerage plan offered by Kotak Broker. Ultimately this plan is best for those who are into intraday trading & looking for a low brokerage with Kotak stockbroker.
Another famous brokerage plan is a Fixed brokerage charge which charges flat brokerage per order. You have to pay brokerage charges as:
Kotak Fixed Brokeage Plan
|Intraday (Both Side)||0.05%|
|Futures (Both Side)||0.05%|
|Options (Both Side)||Rs 300 Per Lot|
Demat & Trading Account Charges
In Kotak securities, your demat account opening related charges depends upon the initial investment deposit. If you are a high ticket trader/ investor, we would suggest you negotiate with your stock broker you might get a better deal. You will be charged as:
|Demat Account Opening Charges||₹0|
|Trading Account Opening Charges||₹750|
|Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)||₹50 per month for Indian Residents, ₹75 per month for Non Resident Indians (NRIs)|
|Trading Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)||₹0|
No maintenance fees will be charged on demat accounts if for any year there are no transactions and no securities in your account.
In Kotak Stockbroker your margin depends upon scrip/segments you want to trade. You can get margin details for a specific share using Kotak stockbroker margin calculator.
|Delivery||Upto 3x with 18% interest per year|
|Intraday||Upto 15-18 times|
|Equity Futures||Up to 5 times (Intraday)|
|Equity Options||Buying No Margin, Shorting upto 2 times for Intraday|
|Currency Futures||Upto 2x|
|Currency Options||Upto 2X|
For Delivery, there is a cut-off time of T+7 Days & post that Auto Square-off will apply. You have to pay the interest rate of 18% + GST in Margin Funding (delivery margin).
Kotak stockbroker doesn’t offer online account opening as they provide personalized features. At the same time, you can discuss account opening charges, brokerage plan & margin details. if you are good at negotiating you can get a good deal.
As you request for Kotak securities broker account opening. Kotak Broker also offers an NRI account opening. You will get a callback from your area sales manager. They will set a meeting & will proceed for account opening.
Your Kotak Securities account will open within 2 weeks of receiving the completed application form and documents.
Kotak Securities has great written educational materials. They have provided educational content covering from the stock market to advanced level trading. You can select the modules of your choice depending upon the topic you want to learn.
- Well Written Article
- Available In Hindi
- Also, Cover Mutual Funds
- Don’t offer Demo Trading Account
Research & Reports
We also tested the Kotak Broker’s research reports & stock tips. They provide Live Research Calls, Fundamental Call, Technical Call, Derivatives Call. Even they also offer mutual fund SIP research recommendations. You can also access this research report over the mobile app of Kotak Securities. Kotak stockbroker doesn’t charge for research tips & reports to their costumer.
The great part is that they provide the success rate of research reports of the past month on the website. This will help you to get you how many numbers of research calls were positive in that month. So it’ll be easier for you to track the research report accuracy rate.
- Phone: You can contact support through a phone call from Mon to Fri – 8.00 AM TO 6.00 PM & during Saturday – 9.00 AM to 2.00 PM.
- For General Queries: 1800 209 9191, 1860 266 9191 (toll-free number)
- NRI contact: 022-66896000
- Email: You can raise your queries related to your Kotak Account writing email
- Chat: Kotak Stock Broker also provide chat support so you can get support in real-time.
- Whatsapp: +91-7738988888 or +91-7738788888
- Chatbot: Kotak has chatbot named Kot Bot which is available over Kotak Website & Trading Platform like mobile. It is used to resolve basic issues related to your trading account, website and products offered by Kotak Securities Ltd.
- Offline-Branch: Just after your account is opened with Kotak stockbroker, You will be assigned a relationship manager. You can also reach out to your nearby neighborhood branch for any support.
Kotak Securities is a very well-known name in the brokerage industry. When you look for a bank-related brokerage firm Kotak Stock Broker’s name comes just after ICICI Direct. They also provide a free research report & trading tips.
Kotak Stock has some drawbacks though: it charges high brokerage charges. On the plus side, they offer a 3 in 1 account service. Customer support also gives fast & relevant answers.
Since Kotak Stock Broker provides great trading platforms & tools & good educational tools, feel free to give them a try.