Zerodha Review (Top Broker By Client)
Zerodha is officially recognized as the first and most prominent discount broker & known for its discount pricing model and technology. Apart from bringing a competitive pricing model that made it the first of its kind.
Zerodha is an Indian financial service company, that offers retail and institutional broking, currencies and commodities trading, mutual funds, and bonds any many investments and trading products. As per latest Zerodha review
As of now, Zerodha is the largest retail stockbroker in India by an active client base and continue the growth and contributes upwards of 10% of daily retail volumes across Indian stock exchanges.
In the last six years, the broking house has steadily grown with leaps and bounds, becoming one of the main players in the BSE, NSE, MCX-SX and the MCX with average daily turnovers of over Rs. 5000 crores.
The word “Zerodha” is combined with the English word ‘Zero and the Sanskrit ‘Rodha’ (Barrier), which means, they have the vision to break possible barriers that various traders, investors and various other aspiring money-makers face in the country’s economic scenario.
This model exempts customers from higher brokerage charges on trades and transactions and favors traders who take large futures and options provisions. Instead, a flat fee of a maximum of Rs: 20 is applied to trade, irrespective of its size.
Products and Features
Kite Trading Platform
Kite Web is a web-based HTML 5 lightweight & fast trading platform for mobile, tablets as well as desktop browsers along with that Clean & intuitive UI, super fast and super light backend for all your investment and trading needs from checking position to Mutual fund portfolio.
This platform has a simple, elegant interface and also works very well in low bandwidth. In Kite Desktop, you can view up to 4 charts simultaneously in the same window. Kite offer most advanced charting tools with indicator and drawing.
Coin is a direct mutual fund platform by Zerodha that lets you buy direct mutual funds online with no commission directly from asset management companies.
Using Coin you can Invest in over 3000 commission-free direct mutual funds across 34 fund houses and save up to 1% more per annum compared to regular mutual funds. Your mutual fund investments will be totally commissioned free.
Zerodha margin calculator helps you to calculate exposure or leverage provided and required for placing an order in the market for any segments. This is the simplest way to find out how much margin you need to execute any particular order.
All margins including Span, exposure, VaR, ELM, and, Net Premium can now be calculated easily using the Margin Calculator.
Zerodha Brokerage Calculator used to calculate what exactly brokerage you will be paying to Upstox and your take away from your trades after GST, STT, Stamp Duty and any other charges.
NRI Account Service
Zerodha is India’s First Discount broker which provides an NRI trading account. A Non-Resident Indian (NRI) may open a Demat & Trading account by linking his/her Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) or Non-Resident External (NRE) savings bank account.
Varsity is a high-quality open-source education initiative accessible to everyone without any financial obligations. It explains all the capital market terms as well as the financial instruments in easy language so that all market participants to gain knowledge and start trade/invest accordingly.
It offers fundamental analysis, technical analysis, currency trading, commodity trading, futures and options trading and much more!
- Free trading in Equity Delivery.
- Zerodha Charge flat rate of Rs 20 per executed order for trading in stocks, F&O, currency and commodity.
- Now you can open your account instantly with AADHAAR, for trading only account no paperwork, for demat account POA (Power of attorney) is mandatory and nominee declaration (Optional) need to courier Zerodha H.O.
- KITE 3.0, is a lightweight, low bandwidth, a multi-language web-based trading platform for mobile and desktop platforms.
- Supports desktop base, web-based, and mobile-based trading platform.
- Free fund transfer using UPI payment method (Unified Payments Interface)
- Innovative and unique trading tools – SPAN Calculator, algo trading platform, Options Strategy, Market Monitor, etc.
- They offer a thematic investment platform Smallcase to invest in ready-made stock portfolios.
- F&O Margin Calculator.
- No upfront fee, no minimum brokerage and no minimum contract charges.
- Coin platform offers free Mutual Funds Investment
- First Discount broker, who provides NRI Account Service.
- They also offer the Sensibull Options Strategy platform.
- StockReportsPlus – Research Report from Thomson Reuters available – Paid Service.
- You can also Invest in Government Securities-Bonds and T-bills with.
- Now Zerodha offers 3-in-1 Account service with IDFC Bank.
Zerodha Account Opening Process
In both cases, you have signed up to Zerodha Account Opening and then your Account will be opened. We have already written a detailed article for explaining step by step process for the Zerodha account opening.
Online Account Opening (Using Aadhar)
Opening account with Zerodha is very easy, you can open online accounts within 15-30 minutes Online using Aadhar. If you don’t have Aadhar or in case of Aadhar is not registered with Mobile no. then you have to apply for an offline account opening. Sign Up for Zerodha Account Open- Click Here
Offline Account Opening (Aadhar is not mandatory)
You can also fill the contact form mentioned below Zerodha Sales team will contact you.
Now just need to fill & Submit the contact details below to open Account with Zerodha.
Zerodha Account Opening Documents
You need scanned copy of these documents to open Zerodha account:
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Latest 6 month Bank Statement (For F&O Section)- Optional
- Bank Passbook Front Page Mentioned IFSC and MICR code of Branch Or alternatively you can use personalized canceled cheque
- Scanned Signature
- Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time): 300 ₹
- Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time): 100 ₹
- Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC): 0 ₹
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): 300 ₹ per year (Pro-Rata Basis)
In Zerodha, all your equity delivery investments (NSE, BSE) are absolutely free. You have to pay ₹0 brokerages for delivery trades & ₹20 or 0.01% (whichever is lower) per executed order on intraday trades across equity, currency, and commodity trades across NSE, BSE, and MCX.
Intraday Brokerage (Flat): 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order (whichever is lower)
Delivery Brokerage: Zero
Mutual Fund Investments: Free
|Zerodha Charges||EQUITY Delivery||EQUITY Intraday|
|Brokerage||₹ 0||0.01% or ₹ 20/Trade whichever is lower|
|Securities Transaction Tax (STT)||0.1% (Buy and Sell order both)||0.025% on the Sell Side|
|Transaction / Turnover Charges||NSE ₹325 per crore | BSE ₹1 per trade (each side)||NSE ₹325 per crore | BSE ₹1 per trade (each side)|
|Goods and Services Tax (GST)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)|
|SEBI Charges||₹15/Crore||₹ 15/Crore|
Stamp Charges will be levied according to state.
How much margin does Zerodha Provides?
What is the brokerage of Zerodha?
Intraday Brokerage (All Segments): 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order (whichever is lower)
Delivery Brokerage: Zero
Mutual Fund Investments: Free
What is Zerodha Varsity?
Zerodha Varsity is an opensource educational platform for all stock market newbies to understand the basics of the stock market through learning Technical and Fundamental analysis.
How to login into Zerodha after account opening?
How to contact Zerodha Customer Care?
Contact No.: 08033102020, 08040402020
|Segment Wise Broekerage|
1 review for Zerodha
- Free Investment (No Delivery Brokerage)
- Free Mutual Fund Direct Investment
- Advanced Charting and UI
- Offer 3 in 1 Account
- Low Brokerage & Charges
- Support is not up to marks
- Server Down issue during volatility