ICICI Direct (🏆– Top Full Service Broker)
ICICI Direct was founded in the Year 2000 since it’sa leader in stockbroker industry since especially in full-service broker space. Icici Direct is full-service broker & offer 3 in 1 account links your ICICI Bank Savings Account, a Demat and your ICICIdirect account.
ICICI Direct allows you to invest in Equities, Deposits, Mutual Funds including Tax Savings Schemes and various other products at the one platform.
ICICI Direct has a clean and simple User interface and it also offers learning courses through ICFL for beginners. Even though they provide advisory service to clients & Icici Direct have advanced charting and trading platform.
Products and Features
Trade Racer (trading terminal)
ICICI Direct Trade racer trading platform is known among trader community due to its customization and features. It allows you to trade in all segment from one platform. It’s very popular among professional trader due to its features as-
- Market @ fingertips & Watchlist
- Live streaming quotes & Research Calls
- Fund Transfer Platform
- Access Bulk and Block Deals
- Instant Notification
- Advance Decline ratio Access
- Heat Map & other technical Indicator
- Moving Averages
- Global Market Data
It also provides feature as Live scanner & Trend Screener, which allows you to track trending script in just one click.
ICICIdirect Centre for Financial Learning (ICFL)- Educational Platform
ICICIdirect Centre for Financial Learning (ICFL) is an approved education provider & provide comprehensive study material for CFP certification, which includes Coursebook, Printed copies of PPT, Question bank and mock test for practice. This program was aimed to simplify financial knowledge and increasing financial literacy & suitable for Investors, BFSI Professionals, and Students, especially for learning or who wants to make a career in the field of finance.
It will cost you around ₹ 20,000/- for e-learning course and for virtual training is around ₹ 35,000/- which helped thousands of the candidates over a year to clear CFP exams.
Icici direct also allow you to buy mutual fund but for the first year of your investment in Mutual Funds, there is no charge applicable. However, charges may be applicable going forward from 2nd-year onwards depending upon your Mutual Fund holdings as per existing charge structure. Nowadays many stockbrokers offer direct free Mutual fund investment as Zerodha, Upstox.
ICICI Direct Margin
In ICICI Direct Intraday trading margin is provided between 09:15 AM to 03:00 PM. However, square-off can happen at any time between 3:00 PM to 3:15 PM. Intraday Margin entirely depends upon the particular script you trade. In Icici Direct margin is provided as-
|Equity Intraday||Up to 20X|
|Equity Future||Up to 4X|
|Equity option||Only 2X for shorting|
- Equity Delivery margin is also provided Upto 5 times with intrest.
ICICI Direct charges comparatively higher brokerage & other charges as-
- ICICI Direct Minimum Brokerage – ₹ 35
- Call & Trade – ₹ 25/Order (20 Calls are free in a month )
- Mutual Fund Fee- Around 1.5% of the total invested amount per year.
- Stamp Charges will be levied according to state.
You can get the detailed brokerage details by visiting ICICI Brokerage Plan
Specification: ICICI Direct
|Equity Intraday Brokerage|
|DP Transaction Charge|
₹25 or 0.05% (Whichever is higher)
|Equity Option Brokerage|
₹ 95 /lot for overnight & ₹ 25/ lot for intraday
|Equity Future Brokerage|
|AMC Charge (Yearly)|
|Tips & Research|
|Offline Order Placing Charge|
|Trading & Demat A/C Opening Charge|
|Commodity A/C Opening Charge|
1 review for ICICI Direct
- Advanced & also Reliable Trading Platform
- Dedicated Research & Advisory services
- Offer 3 in 1 Account Services
- Invest in Mutual Funds, G-Securities Bonds, and Postal Savings Schemes from one platform.
- Shares as Margin- You can trade using your demat holding as a margin.
- Margin Trading Facility for Upto 3X
- High Brokerage
- Don't Offer Commodity Trading
- Penalty for non-maintenance of minimum monthly
- Every month Customer has to pay ₹ 75 for using trading terminal if the brokerage is less then ₹ 750 per month.
- Minimum brokerage is ₹ 35 per trade
- After first 20 free calls charges ₹ 25 per call for call & trade